Pages

A Series Of Encounters And The Shadow Beast On The Ceiling

Written By: Josh

It was May 13, 2011, I got a call from my friend Ram. He wants to go for a long drive and then have some Dhaba food and come back. I said I am fine with it and immediately called up another friend, Venkat, to check if he is free. He was also ok with the plan. Next 15 minutes I get a call, it's Ram again. He said that they are waiting for me outside my house. Since it was mid-summer and the summer heat was killing, they wanted to do a bike ride. I took out my bike, 3 of us (on 2 bikes) started towards Medchel and then toofran its around 60Km drive from my place. When we crossed Medchel, the roads are free and the wind was blowing. It was a good weather out there. We crossed the toll gate in toofran. We found few Dhabas out there, ordered the food and by the time we finished dinner it was 11:45 Pm. Now started driving back home. I don't know but I had some mixed feeling that something is wrong, as if somebody is watching or following us. I ignored it, was enjoying the breeze. The roads were empty, very less traffic for some reason. We were maintaining same pace of 50Kmph speed, all of a sudden both me and Ram (bike drivers) both saw it and pulled the breaks hard. We almost ran over a black cat which was crossing the road. I have never seen such a pitch black cat in my life. We looked at each other, laughed and started to drive. After few kilometers drive, just to check how dark the night was, we switched off our head lamp for few seconds and turned it on. Man that was really dark, pitch dark. We wanted to do it again for the second time. It was fun driving in the dark, so tried it for the third time. To our horror, for the 3rd time when we switched on the lights, we were couple of meters behind a halted lorry. If the head lamps were switched on after a second, we would we would have smashed on to the halted lorry. Trust me guys, my heart almost reached my mouth. I realized that something is not right. No more switching off the lamps. By the time we were about to reach some village, Ram's rear tyre was flat. We thought we were lucky to have a flat tyre few meters close to a village. Thought we can get it fixed sooner. We found the shop and the guy took out the tube and was about to glue it. To our fate, power cut. The shop fellow managed to fix the tube with some emergency lamp. But the problem is, to put the blow we need power. Since it was already late, the people in the village might have slept off and its dark every where. Suddenly I felt pat on my shoulder, I thought Venkat was calling me. I replied what? No response. When I turned back there is nobody. I called Venkat, he responded and the voice was coming form the other side. I was stunned again. Ram was a meter away from me and I asked him if he has seen some one behind me, he said no. It was strange, now I know that something is following us. After half hour, the power was back, the tyre got fixed, I was still in a thinking mood. Back on the road again, I told them what had happened near that shop. They laughed at me and told me that it was my imagination. I tried to accept that I was imagining, but my mind was not accepting it. It was around 2:45 Am by the time we reached Venkat's place. Since it was already late, we thought to sleep at Venkat's place as he had a separate room on the terrace, so no need to wake any one up. Took the stairs and reached the room, it's a newly constructed room. It was around 3:00am, the beds were arranged, both Ram and Venkat went to sleep immediately. I was still thinking. I was about to fall asleep. In fact, I was half asleep, when suddenly I could see a huge beast falling directly on me from the ceiling. It was very heavy. It happened in a fraction of a second. I screamed. Both my friends woke up, started shouting at me, "What's wrong with you? Why the hell did you shout like that? Do you want to disturb the entire colony?" I told them that something heavy fell on me from the roof. They just ignored it and asked me to go back to sleep. Apparently I had to sleep. I woke up in the morning and told them that its not my imagination. It was real. Even today I feel the incident fresh in my mind and I still have that figure, that beast in my mind. It was like a gorilla, a huge gorilla with long fangs and green eyes. I can't forget that day ever in my life. People what do you think it could be? Any Clue? Let me know if you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment