Pages

A Strange Story From Mumbai

Written By: Anjali

This is a good forum to exchange personal experiences. I am a well educated working woman and was living in the US until 4 years ago, when me and my husband decided to move back to India for good. We had a completely routine life like any other working couple in Mumbai. But what I am about to share is something that is so strange, that I do not have any other explaination for it other than it being a paranormal incident. Maybe you guys do... I was 27 at the time and 8 months pregnant. I was on maternity leave and like any other expecting mother was looking forward to welcoming my new baby. On that day, after my husband returned from work, we decided to go for a stroll to a nearby park called Shivaji park which is very close to where we live. It was around 9.30 pm at the time and as usual the place was bustling with people. We had driven to Shivaji park and decided that it was time to go home. My husband sat in the driver's seat. As I opened the front door of the car to get inside, an old begger woman nudged at my dress sleeve. It was a lunar eclipse on that day. It is a very common thing in India for beggers to ask for alms under the pretext of an eclipse. I looked at her face and she looked just like any other ordinary begger woman. I didn't give her any money, sat in the car and we started driving home. We drove for about 3 minutes and had almost reached home, when I saw the same begger woman at a red light where my car had stopped. I was surprised but not scared and didn't think anything about it at the time. We went home, nothing untoward happened that night. Next day, my husband left for work. It was around 2.30 pm in the afternoon and I was taking a post lunch nap. Suddenly, I felt very very cold, almost like... Close to shivering. I opened my eyes, and I just couldn't believe what I saw. I saw it crystal clear and believe me when I am saying this, the old woman from the earlier evening was standing at the edge of my bed. She had one arm stretched and was moving her hand in a "come to me " motion. For a second, I thought I was dreaming. I closed my eyes... Mentally said a "Wake-up Anjali" and opened my eyes again. She was still there. At that moment, I completely lost my nerve. All I could think of was... What if she harms my baby? I ran out of the room and the house and kocked my neighbours door. I didn't tell my neighbour what happened because I was afraid that she would think I was crazy or it was the pregnancy hormones talking. I called my husband home immediately and only after he came did I enter the house again. Obviously he didn't see/feel anything. I was advised by my mother to get a small puja done in the house which I did. Everything turned out OK with us, our baby etc. And I never saw the old woman again. But we did move out of that apartment (on my insistance of course) and bought a new place soon. OK, I know many of you may think. She was pregnant. Hormones were all over the place. She must have just imagined it. But believe me it was nothing of that sort. I am very skeptical about paranormal activity, but this, man. Still gives me the creeps.

1 comment:

  1. it is possible that being pregnant heightened your awareness so you could sense the spirits, or being pregnant attracted the spirit

    ReplyDelete